The Hermitage School is part of The SWAN Trust, a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 08622047. The registered office is Church Hill, Horsell, Woking Surrey GU21 4QQ
WHO ARE OUR PARTNER SCHOOLS?
The Hermitage School
Please click on the logo to see the website for each school.
We are proud and excited to be part of The Swan Trust, a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT), formed by five local schools who believe that school to school support and collaboration will bring about improvements in the quality of learning for pupils in our area.
Our vision is to develop a successful partnership of schools that work together to celebrate success and to create opportunities for our children and staff that raise aspirations and inspire excellence for all.
We continue to work closely together as part of the wider Woking Schools Learning Partnership (WSLP) of 33 schools. We have worked more closely as a smaller group of five schools since 2012 and became an Umbrella Trust in 2014 and have now chosen to formalise this relationship as part of our long term commitment to work together and, most importantly, our shared values and ethos.
How does it work?
The SWAN Trust (MAT) was registered formally with the Department for Education (DfE) on 1st September 2019. Our aim is that our five schools, who share a child centred ethos, will continue to work effectively together to enhance the education of all the children in our care.
At the beginning of each school year, we share our school data and develop a shared improvement plan, which links to each of our School Development Plans. This action plan highlights the priorities for the Trust for the academic year and shows how we plan to using each school’s strength to support one another.
Priorities for 2019/20:
- To improve pupil outcomes, teaching, learning and assessment across the Swan Trust.
- To raise standards in leadership across the Swan Trust.
- To further develop systems of rigorous evaluation between schools.
- To establish systems and structures across the MAT to enable us to become more efficient and effective.
- To continue to develop effective collaboration at all levels, including for staff and children.
Each year, we will engage in a range of activities to bring about school improvement linked to the annual priorities. These may include:
- Shared training and INSET
- Sharing of best practise using each school's strengths
- Action research in other schools investigating practice and impact for pupils.
- Peer coaching and support for staff at all levels.
- Leadership training including development of good governance practice.
- Initiatives which raise the quality of teaching and learning.
- Moderation of teacher judgements for pupil attainment and progress.
- Early Years development
- Support for actioning of new government initiatives.
- Investigation into commissioning of a range of services, contracts and purchases as a group to provide better value for money.
We will keep you updated of further developments through our newsletters. Over time, we hope to develop the range of activities we participate in, if you have any ideas for shared community events, please do let us know!
The SWAN Trust Members
The NGA (National Governance Association) describe Members as the ‘guardians’ of the governance of the trust. They are tasked with the role of ensuring the purpose of the trust is being met.
|Ian Girdler (also Chair of the Trust)||Michael Wood||Tina Nowell|
|Beryl Hunwicks||David Pugh|
The SWAN Trust Trustees
The role of the trustee is to be legally responsible and accountable for the performance of all academies within the trust, to follow company and charity law.
|Ian Girdler (Chair of Trust)||Yvonne Lawrence||Kate Prince||Carol Cheesman|
|Alistair Smith||Margaret Garner||Jo MacDonald||Elaine Cooper (CEO)|
The SWAN Trust Office Team
While the company address currently remains at The Horsell Village School the offices are based at Beaufort Primary School.
CEO (5 days a week)
Chief Executive Officer
CFO (3 days a week)
Chief Financial Officer
Admin Support (1 day a week)