The Hermitage is an inspiring and inclusive community where every child is treated as an individual and is challenged to reach their full potential. We strive to provide our children with a broad and balanced curriculum that enables them to discover and celebrate their talents in a wide range of fields. Growing up in the 21st Century is challenging, therefore we want to ensure our children are prepared for the next stage in their lives, academically, socially and emotionally. Through child-centred activities and experiences, we want to ensure our children develop their confidence, self-belief, self-esteem and resilience to become life-long learners and be successful in life.
Vision 2018 – 2021
- For The Hermitage to be a thriving, learning community which provides outstanding teaching and learning experiences for the children in our care, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- The inclusive nature of our school enables all pupils to make rapid progress from their starting points, which ensures most children reach national expectations in maths and English and many exceed these.
- To prepare our children for an ever changing world by nurturing their emotional intelligence, and developing their independence, resilience and creativity.
- To ensure our children are safely using up-to-date technology and are equipped with the necessary skills for life in the 21st Century: problem solving, communication, collaboration, flexibility and critical thinking.
- To promote empathy and respect for diversity, community and society by teaching our children about the wider world and environmental challenges it is facing.
- Through an inspiring and engaging curriculum, children discover new talents and passions, and strive to be the very best that they can be, across a range of subjects and disciplines such as music, sport, art and drama.
Our Aims 2018 - 2021
To embed a love of learning into The Hermitage for children and adults alike.
To raise attainment by ensuring each child’s needs are met in order for them to make at least expected progress.
To ensure our curriculum gives our children the opportunities and experiences necessary to inspire and motivate them to discover their talents and reach their potential in a broad range of subjects.
To ensure our underpinning values nurture our children’s spiritual, mental, social, physical and moral development.